As a sports lover, say football, for instance, you can just keep betting indiscriminately. You need to become better and better at it in order to have a long-term success. To achieve this, you need the basic knowledge of handicapping. Without it, you can not do very fine and you will lose a lot of money. To become a good Sports Handicappers is not so difficult. There are just a few things you will have to do and do diligently.
• You should have a basic knowledge about how to determine statistics.
• It will be advisable for you to determine your bankroll and bet sizes. You should decide this before the start of the season. If you do not settle on this, it may break your season fast before the end of the football season. Ensure to manage your money well on this.
• Determine the method that is suitable for you when you bet. Some handicappers prefer to use thestatistical method. They study the history of the teams in question. They see what results they have had with each other in times past. Study the changes that have happened between the last time and now. Others use thesituational method. This involves the teams involved, the players, the weather, and the field. They see how many of the players are in good form, what matches have they played recently and their performance etc. There are also emotional factors involved in it. Some actually combine two or all the three methods.
• You need to settle on which team is home or away. See which one has a big edge on offense or defense. Which team has more key players that will be available to play the game?
• Consider emotional forces like, which team just had a big win or a big loss. They may want to bounce back with rage and give it all. Remember what happened in the last leg between the two teams, etc.
Good luck at becoming a good handicapper. Get help from www.wunderdog.com to place your best bet on your favorite game.