Sticky tape is widely used in various fields, especially appreciated strong double-sided tape. As the name makes clear, the adhesive layer is applied to both sides of the product. This allows you to connect parts, fasten structures and individual elements to the surface with minimal effort.
The range of material makes double-sided adhesive tape a welcome guest in offices and briefcases of schoolchildren, working suitcases finishing or construction workers and advertising studios, in warehouses. Depending on the characteristics of the tape will help to glue a table or poster to the wall, hang a mirror or towel hook, fix the carpet, pack the cargo or wrap the gift.
Sturdy double sided tape is used primarily in areas related to repair, installation, outdoor advertising and transportation, as well as office supplies in offices.
The use of adhesive tapes of this type is convenient for a number of works:
- Installation of finishing panels, boxes for electrical wiring, suspended ceilings, elements of advertising structures, furniture, hooks, hangers, holders.
- Linoleum fixing.
- Production of outdoor advertising materials (banners, stands, volume inscriptions).
- Assembly of window constructions.
- Repair of automobile bodies.
- Fixation of handles on sliding transparent doors.
- Packaging works (seamless fastening).
- The decision of office problems – fastening of a paper and cardboard, fixing of information materials on stands or walls.
Advantages of use
- Ability to create an airtight connection.
- Resistant to ultraviolet, solvents and other aggressive chemicals, moisture, changing temperatures.
- Economical use.
- Availability of different types of material of different specialization.
Types of double-sided adhesive tape
There are universal adhesive tapes and are designed for certain types of work. These materials have a different base.
- Field: repair and construction.
- Application: fastening of products of a complex configuration, with holes and an uneven surface.
- Features: thickness from 0,5 mm, the foamy texture due to the equability provides reliable contact even with rough edges.
- Scope: repair, decoration.
- Application: work with floor and wall coverings, installation of light panels.
- Features: synthetic or cotton textiles provide lightness, flexibility, good contact with the surface.
Scotch on polypropylene base
- Scope: advertising, printing, packaging.
- Application: for work with paper, photos, etc.
- Features: easily tears, weak adhesion.
Also there is an especially strong construction double-sided adhesive tape, capable of bearing considerable weight. Such material allows fixing mirrors, shelves, other rather large and heavy objects to the walls.
Features of gluing
The following steps are required to securely glue objects together:
- Clean surfaces from dust, dirt (solvent, alcoholic solution or special products);
- cut off a piece of scotch of the right length (it is better to prepare pieces in advance if you need several);
- gently remove the protective film on one side;
- apply to the surface by selecting a more porous and rough object (or by selecting a larger object from the two to be bonded);
- try to press in such a way as to ensure maximum contact area;
- remove the protective film from the second adhesive layer (try not to touch the sticky surface with your hands);
- attach the second object or structural element.
How to peel off the duct tape
Robust and reliable double-sided adhesive tape has one drawback (due to its advantages) – it can be badly peeled off and leave traces on surfaces.
We present you a few recommendations for removing the scotch without consequences.
- Wallpaper. A jet of warm air from a hair dryer will help soften the adhesive layer. After a couple of minutes you should stand on the edge of the tape with a knife or other sharp object and carefully separate it from the surface.
- You can try to remove the tape from the walls, ceiling and floor by gluing a large piece of paint tape and gradually tearing it off (you should leave a free edge) – the tape will pull it out.
- Fabric. Alcohol solution and sponge will help.
- Plastic. Apply oil or medical alcohol to the sticky area, and after a while the tape can be easily removed (do not use solvents!).
- Painted surfaces. Acetone and solvent can be used to remove the adhesive tape and remove sticky residue.
- Painted surfaces. Vegetable oil can be used. Rubber nozzles will help to work more effectively.